- Acts: A Commentary (The New Testament Library) by Carl R. Holladay.
- Befriend: Create Belonging in an Age of Judgment, Isolation, and Fear by Scott Sauls.
- The Case for Hope: Looking Ahead with Confidence and Courage by Lee Strobel.
- The Context of Scripture, Volume 4 Supplements Edited by K. Lawson Younger, Jr.
- 1 & 2 Kings: An Introduction and Study Guide: History and Story in Ancient Israel (T & T Clark Study Guides to the Old Testament) by Lester L. Grabbe.
- The Formation of the Pentateuch (Forschungen zum Alten Testament) Edited by Jan C. Gertz, Bernard M. Levinson, Dalit Rom-Shiloni, and Konrad Schmid.
- Genesis Rabbah in Text and Context (Texts and Studies in Ancient Judaism) Edited by Sarit Kattan Gribetz, David M. Grossberg, Martha Himmelfarb, and Peter Schafer.
- The Gnostic New Age: How a Countercultural Spirituality Revolutionized Religion from Antiquity to Today by April D. DeConick.
- Jesus Outside the Lines: A Way Forward for Those Who Are Tired of Taking Sides by Scott Sauls.
- Semiramis’ Legacy: The History of Persia According to Diodorus of Sicily by Jan P. Stronk.
Mark Lanier’s new book, Psalms for Living: Daily Prayers, Wisdom, and Guidanc
PSALMS FOR LIVING: DAILY PRAYERS, WISDOM, AND GUIDANCE
Click here to order from Baylor University Press. Enter code: BLAN to receive 20% off and free shipping! (Offer good until March 31).
Click here to order from Amazon. (All proceeds from book sales will go to the Lanier Theological Library Foundation.)
A trial lawyer by trade, a Christian by heart―author Mark Lanier has trained in biblical languages and devoted his life to studying and living the Bible. Living daily with the tension between the demands of his career and the desire for a godly life, Lanier recognizes the importance and challenge of finding daily time to spend in God’s Word. He credits the Psalms in particular for his continued growth in faith, obedience, wisdom, and understanding.
In Psalms for Living, Lanier shares a year’s worth of devotionals gathered over a lifetime of walking with the Lord. For each day of the year, Lanier reflects on the words of the Psalter, relates them back to the struggles facing Christians today, and concludes with a prayer connected to the day’s insights. His engagement with the Psalms offers fellow Christians the opportunity to receive the gifts of grace and guidance that come from daily immersion in scripture.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
“Join Lanier as he takes us into God’s presence.”
Paige Patterson, President, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
“Mark Lanier brings his great intelligence and intense study of the Scriptures to produce a simple set of devotions.”
Peter Williams, Warden, Tyndale House, Cambridge
“A handy gem of a book on the Psalms.”
John Michael Talbot, author and Christian musician
“Thoughtful, faithful, and personal reflections upon ‘the hymn book of the Bible.'”
Todd D. Still, DeLancey Dean and Hinson Professor, Truett Seminary
“Psalms for Living stimulates the mind, promotes reflection, and touches the heart.”
James K. Hoffmeier, Professor of Old Testament and Near Eastern Studies, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
“Lanier speaks to those who seek strength and encouragement for the struggles of the workday.”
R. Gerald Turner, President, Southern Methodist University
- Apocalypses in Context: Apocalyptic Currents Through History Edited by Kelly J. Murphy and Justin Jeffcoat Schedtler.
- Christian Origins in Ephesus & Asia Minor by Mark R. Fairchild.
- A Companion to Josephus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) Edited by Honora Howell Chapman and Zuleika Rodgers.
- Echoes of Scripture in the Gospels by Richard B. Hays.
- 1-3 John: Worship by Loving God and One Another to Live Eternally by John Paul Heil.
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Timothy Keller.
- Ritual Violence in the Hebrew Bible: New Perspectives Edited by Saul M. Olyan.
- Same-Sex Marriage: A Thoughtful Approach to God’s Design for Marriage by Sean McDowell and John Stonestreet.
- Studies in Aramaic Inscriptions and Onomastics IV (Orientalia Lovaniensia Analecta) by Edward Lipinski.
- Tel Miqne-Ekron Excavations 1985-1988, 1990, 1992-1995 Field IV Lower-The Elite Zone Part I The Iron Age I Early Philistine City & Part 3B The Iron Age I and IIC Early and Late Philistine Cities: Plans and Sections by Trude Dothan, Yosef Garfinkel, and Seymour Gitin.
- The Cruciform Church: Becoming a Cross-Shaped People in a Secular World by C. Leonard Allen.
- Essential Guide to Becoming a Disciple: Eight Sessions for Mentoring and Discipleship by Greg Ogden.
- Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical by Timothy Keller.
- Paul and the Gentile Problem by Matthew Thiessen.
- Renaming Abraham’s Children (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2. Reihe 421) by Robert B. Foster.
- 1 Samuel – Concordia Commentary by Andrew E. Steinmann.
- Touchy Topics by Melvin Tinker.
- Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church (Counterpoints: Bible and Theology) by Preston Sprinkle and Stanley N. Gundry.
- What Christians Ought to Believe: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine Through the Apostles’ Creed by Michael F. Bird.
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit by James K. A. Smith.
- The Book of Isaiah and God’s Kingdom: A Thematic-Theological Approach (New Studies in Biblical Theology) by Andrew T. Abernethy.
- Critical Theology: Introducing an Agenda for an Age of Global Crisis by Carl A. Raschke.
- The Day the Revolution Began: Reconsidering the Meaning of Jesus’s Crucifixion by N. T. Wright.
- The Face of Forgiveness: A Pastoral Theology of Shame and Redemption by Philip D. Jamieson.
- A History of Biblical Israel: The Fate of the Tribes and Kingdoms from Merenptah to Bar Kochba by Ernst Axel Knauf and Philippe Guillaume.
- Ministering in Honor-Shame Cultures (Biblical Foundations and Practical Essentials) by Jayson Georges and Mark D. Baker.
- The New Christian Zionism: Fresh Perspectives on Israel & the Land Edited by Gerald R. McDermott.
- The Qu’ran in Context: A Christian Exploration by Mark Robert Anderson.
- A Shared Mercy: Karl Barth on Forgiveness and the Church by Jon Coutts.
- What Does the Bible Say About Suffering? by Brian Han Gregg.
- C. S. Lewis on Politics and the Natural Law by Justin Buckley Dyer and Micah J. Watson.
- Dead Sea Scrolls Fragments in the Museum Collection Edited by Emanuel Tov, Kipp Davis and Robert Duke.
- Empirical Models Challenging Biblical Criticism (Ancient Israel and Its Literature, #25) Edited by Raymond F. Person Jr. and Robert Rezetko.
- A Handbook of Biblical Hebrew – Volume 1: Periods, Corpora, and Reading Traditions; Volume 2: Selected Texts Edited by W. Randall Garr and Steven E. Fassberg.
- The Message of the Twelve: Hearing the Voice of the Minor Prophets by Richard Alan Fuhr, Jr. and Gary E. Yates..
- No God But One: Allah or Jesus?: A Former Muslim Investigates the Evidence for Islam & Christianity by Nabeel Qureshi.
- Ruth & Esther: Smyth & Helwys Bible Commentary by Kandy Queen-Sutherland.
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity by Nabeel Qureshi.
- Solomon’s Temple and Palace: New Archaeological Discoveries by Yosef Garfinkel and Madeleine Mumcuoglu.
- Women in the Ancient Near East by Marten Stol.
- Ancient Mesopotamian Religion: A Descriptive Introduction by Ivan Hrusa.
- Crossing Imaginary Boundaries: The Dead Sea Scrolls in the Context of Second Temple Judaism Edited by Mika S. Pajunen and Hanna Tervanotko.
- The Epistle to the Romans (The New International Greek Testament Commentary) by Richard N. Longenecker.
- Faith and the Faithfulness of Jesus in Hebrews by Matthew C. Easter.
- Festivals and Calendars of the Ancient Near East by Mark E. Cohen.
- Handbook of Women Biblical Interpreters Edited by Marion Ann Taylor.
- Job According to the Syriac Peshitta Version with English Translation by Jonathan Loopstra.
- Searching the Scriptures: Find the Nourishment Your Soul Needs by Charles R. Swindoll.
- Secrecy and the Gods: Secret Knowledge in Ancient Mesopotamia and Biblical Israel (State Archives of Assyria Studies, Volume 19) by Alan Lenzi.
- Was There a Wisdom Tradition?: New Prospects in Israelite Wisdom Studies Edited by Mark R. Sneed.
- Classifying Christians: Ethnography, Heresiology, and the Limits of Knowledge in Late Antiquity by Todd S. Berzon.
- A Compact Guide to the Whole Bible: Learning to Read Scripture’s Story Edited by Robert W. Wall and David R. Nienhuis.
- Copying Early Christian Texts: A Study of Scribal Practice (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) by Alan Mugridge.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls Concordance, Volume 2: The Non-Qumran Documents and Texts by Martin G. Abegg, Jr., James E. Bowley, and Edward M. Cook in Consultation with Emanuel Tov.
- Evil in Second Temple Judaism and Early Christianity (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2.Reihe) Edited by Chris Keith and Loren T. Stuckenbruck.
- Josephus – Carta’s Illustrated The Jewish War by R. Steven Notley.
- Poetry Underpinning Power: Vergil’s Aeneid: The Epic for Emperor Augustus by Hans-Peter Stahl.
- Roman Faith and Christian Faith: Pistis and Fides in the Early Roman Empire and Early Churches by Teresa Morgan.
- Studies in Matthew’s Gospel: Literary Design, Intertextuality, and Social Setting by Wim J. C. Weren.
- War in Chronicles: Temple Faithfulness and Israel’s Place in the Land by Troy D. Cudworth.
- Arabs and Empires Before Islam Edited by Greg Fisher.
- The Cities That Built the Bible by Robert R. Cargill.
- Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader Edited by Karen H. Jobes.
- Envisioning Islam: Syriac Christians and the Early Muslim World by Michael Philip Penn.
- A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-1918 by Joseph Loconte.
- Israel and the Church: The Origins and Effects of Replacement Theology by Ronald E. Diprose.
- No Stone Unturned: Greek Inscriptions and Septuagint Vocabulary (Critical Studies in the Hebrew Bible) by James K. Aitken.
- Not Sparing the Child: Human Sacrifice in the Ancient World and Beyond Edited by V. Daphna Arbel, Paul C. Burns, J. R. C. Cousland, Richard Menkis, and Dietmar Neufeld .
- Paul’s Anthropology in Context by George H. Van Kooten.
- Understanding the Jewish World from Roman to Byzantine Times: Mishnah-Talmud-The Sages-An Introductory Atlas by Michael Avi-Yonah and Shmuel Safrai.
- The Acts of the Apostles: Interpretation, History and Theology by Osvaldo Padilla.
- Delivered from the Elements of the World: Atonement, Justification, Mission by Peter J. Leithart.
- The Earliest Christologies: Five Images of Christ in the Postapostolic Age by James L. Papandrea.
- From Topic to Thesis: A Guide to Theological Research by Michael Kibbe.
- God Has Spoken in His Son: A Biblical Theology of Hebrews by Peter T. O’Brien.
- How I Changed My Mind About Evolution: Evangelicals Reflect on Faith and Science Edited by Kathryn Applegate and J. B. Stump.
- The Image of God in an Image Driven Age: Explorations in Theological Anthropology Edited by Beth Felker Jones and Jeffrey W. Barbeau.
- Living in the Light: Money, Sex & Power: Making the Most of Three Dangerous Opportunities by John Piper .
- Paul the Jew: Rereading the Apostle as a Figure of Second Temple Judaism Edited by Gabriele Boccaccini and Carlos A. Segovia.
- Taking Pascal’s Wager: Faith, Evidence and the Abundant Life by Michael Rota.