Here are a few of the books and journals that the library has received this past month. Click on the links to read a review of a few of them and then come read them at the library!
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson Read a review here.
- Dischronology and Dialogic in the Bible’s Primary Narrative by David A. Bergen Read a review here.
- Facing the Gods: Epiphany and Representation in Graeco-Roman Art, Literature, and Religion by Verity Platt Read a review here.
- Handbook on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament: Exegesis and Interpretation by G. K. Beale
- The Me I Want to Be: Becoming God’s Best Version of You by John Ortberg Read a review here.
- A People of One Book: The Bible and the Victorians by TImothy Larsen Read a review here.
- The Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry & Poetics 4th Edition Ed. by Roland Greene
- Regions on the Run: Introductory Map Studies in the Land of the Bible by James M. Monson with Steven P. Lancaster
- The Rise of Rome: The Making of the World’s Greatest Empire by Anthony Everitt Read a review here.
- The Theology of Jurgen Moltmann by Richard Bauckham
- Weird: Because Normal Isn’t Working by Craig Croeschel Read a review here.
- Scottish Journal of Theology Vol. 65 N. 3 2012
- Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture Vol. 81, N. 3 September 2012