Lecture Listening Guides
by David Capes
Card, Four Portraits of Jesus
Lecturer: Michael Card
Title: Four Portraits of Jesus
- What examples does Card give of how Jesus failed to meet the expectations of everybody he met?
- How did people respond to the miracles of Jesus?
- In Mark’s account of the storm on the sea of Galilee, what causes the disciples to be afraid?
- What is the best way to show someone you love them?
- How do you listen to God?
- What are the simple structures of the Gospels?
- Who does Card say is responsible for bringing us Paul and Mark?
- Why does Card connect Peter to the Gospel of Mark?
- Who is Mark’s audience?
- How does Mark uniquely address that audience?
- What are some examples of Mark’s unique message to that audience?
- What do the Gospels record about the emotional life of Jesus?
- How and when does Card say Paul and Luke met?
- Why does Card believe Luke was a slave?
- What does John do that none of the other Gospels do?
- What does Card say the Wisdom writings are about?
- The Bible takes us on what journey?
- How does Card say that Luke depicts Jesus as the wisdom of God?
- What does Card mean in saying John is the only Gospel that whispers?