Please read this CAREFULLY before coming!
The reopening of the Lanier Theological Library began on Monday, May 4, 2020. We plan to be open on weekdays, 9 am – 5 pm, except on Tuesdays when we are open until 9 pm. We are still observing the 25% capacity recommendation. We are NOT open for tours or browsing, but for those who come to do serious study and to use our resources, not just the wifi. We request that you not bring children. No appointments are needed.
Here is what you can expect when you arrive:
- When you call from the Falba gate for entry, you will be asked if you have any symptoms of the virus and if you have had recent contact with any coronavirus patients.
- If you are allowed in, you will be required to wear a face mask in all common areas like restrooms and bookshelves. Please bring your own. We do not have extras for you.
- You will be required to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and all other persons.
- The kitchen will not be available to you, but you can bring your own drinks.
- We insist that there be only one person at each table.
- Bring your own pens, paper, cards, etc.
- We promise to do our very best to keep everything clean. We will make an extra effort to disinfect thoroughly and frequently in order to reduce the risk of spreading any virus. We expect you to help as well.
- All of our regular guidelines should be observed as well, e.g., quiet cell phones, use coasters, but don’t take them, do not reshelve any books, etc.
- If it becomes apparent that we are exceeding the 25% capacity, we will come up with a system for reservations or waiting.
- The chapel will remain closed until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding and for cooperating with these guidelines to safeguard everyone’s health.