Here is a list of journals and a few of the many books that arrived in September. Click on the links to read a review found online at different sources and then come to the library to read these for yourself!
- The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Theological Seminary Faculty, New Testament edition Edited by John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck Read a review here.
- The Early Reception of Paul Edited by Kenneth Liljestrom Read a review here.
- Gods Behaving Badly: Media, Religion, and Celebrity Culture by Pete Ward Read a review here.
- Images of Woman and Child From the Bronze Age: Reconsidering Fertility, Maternity, and Gender in the Ancient World by Stephanie Lynn Budin Read a review here.
- The King James Bible and the World it Made Edited by David Lyle Jeffrey Read a review here.
- The Oxford Classical Dictionary Edited by Simon Hornblower Read a review here.
- Reconstructing the Slave: The Image of the Slave in Ancient Greece by Kelly L. Wrenhaven Read a review here.
- The Return of the Chaos Monsters – And Other Backstories of the Bible by Gregory Mobley Read a review here.
- The Rocks Don’t Lie: A Geologist Investigates Noah’s Flood by David R. Montgomery Read a review here.
- A Theological Introduction to the Pentateuch: Interpreting the Torah as Christian Scripture Edited by Richard S. Briggs and Joel N. Lohr Read a review here.
- Christian Studies, Number 1, 9, 13, 14, 18-24
- Journal of the American Academy of Religion Vol. 80, no. 3 September 2012
- Journal of Early Christian Studies Fall 2012 Vol. 20, No. 3
- Journal of Psychology & Theology Fall 2012, Vol. 40, No. 3